The Frantic Diary of the Month of November

Hope Springs Eternal ( -Someone, not me) - A Nanowrimo attempt

Name:
Location: Annapolis Valley, Canada

Decide to take private art lessons to see where it takes me.

Saturday, November 18

Happy dances and fricken harps!

I got a e-book from the forums on thursday night, and wrote to catch up at one in the morning, so massive thanks to the inspiration of the forums themselves and 'Its a jungle out there: Nano for the new and insane, A Nanowrimo survival guide by Lezette Gifford' which reminded me why I was doing this in the first place. Not obligation or masicaism, but because I find it fun. Suddenly my muse woke from her coma and played nicely with microsoft word.

Friday was bad, lets move on.

While I didn't get any history done today, I did manage to sleep in to 1, and then attend a regional write-o-ton at starbucks, attended only by the person who organized it an myself.

Some quick stats on that:

Hours spent: 5
Word wars done: 2
Words typed: 1276
Words typed later at home: 2372
Fun had doing it with someone else: common, everyone know the mastercard comercial.

I only had one coffee, a gingerbread latte (they gave out a free sample, and I wanted more) but I had sparkling pear juice and a chocolate peanut butter bar. I also managed to mantain conversation for over 5 minutes, and only made a fool of myself a little.

Have I mentioned that it was fun? *does happy dance*

'Seadragon' 's (The organiser) book is massively intresting and complex, and made my plotless book with no originality and flat characters seem slightly less shiny, but something to aspire to I guess (image subplots and multiple characters? application of logic in discription? dialogue?)

Still, I had one character piece come toghether nicely (in the abstract, I refuse to go back and read it, because, well, I would stop writing completely). Word count on track, history down the drain, social interaction (my social worker is going to flip. My parents actully thought I was dead in a ditch or something because of how long I stayed ['bout 1:30-6:30] and how much people time I can usually stand.

Man, am I gitery. And it's not even coffee.

Or is it? Who knows what starbucks is putting in those christmas coffees? Maybe some 'holdiday cheer?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

cash advance
Online cash advance loan programs.