The Frantic Diary of the Month of November

Hope Springs Eternal ( -Someone, not me) - A Nanowrimo attempt

Name:
Location: Annapolis Valley, Canada

Decide to take private art lessons to see where it takes me.

Monday, October 16

Okay...

So, I've had an msn blog before, updated about twice a year, and all very dramatic angst that only artists and teenagers can do. (I'm the latter)

So, about me...

I'm 16, and I live in the GTA (Ontario, Canada, Earth). I'm female, and go to high school. I have a variety of interests, but the only one that matters for this blog is writing.

I write fiction (poor quality, but I do), mostly fanfic because I just love playing in other people’s sandboxes. Fanfic, if you didn't know, if fiction done by fans about a particular thing; movie, book... using pre-created ideas and characters and playing with them. I tend to gravitate towards anything Buffy related, and am going through an intense Crossover obsession, directly on the heels of my Spuffy bender, and if you don't know what that is... good for you! (no, seriously it's a very unhealthy obsession, or at least in my case. I guess there are some casual fanfic-ers)

The reason I started this blog, was because this year I got up the guts (or stupidity) to sign up for Nanowrimo, which if you're to lazy to go to the site, breaks down into National Novel Writing Month. Basically, crazed people try to write 50 000 words (about 200 pages) in one month.

I've written heavily over the last year in particular, but nothing that ambitious before, and considering I'm bogged down with hours of homework, not to mention school, it may just be an act of supreme stupidity. But I only lose small amounts of self-respect if I fail, which I can rationalize write back up, but I think I might (brace yourself for a cliché) lose something bigger if I don't even try.

Now, if someone started reading this, and is still reading this, I have to say I'm surprised, but I'm going to write it as if someone is. As you have probably (or possibly not) discerned by now I can't spell work a flying monkey. (I saw wicked tonight, and it was awesome! And I’ve started putting my blog into word, and then coping it back in so the spelling should be less sucky. If only I could do that for content.) I have delusions of grandeur, and am easily distracted as well as mightily ambitious.

You still with me?

Now, my project (plan) for November is to write a Lord of the Rings (LOTR) fanfic piece, which will be the first non-Buffy pure fic I've attempted. It also is a wonderful example of my stupidity because Tolkien was a brilliant man and an extraordinary author. I'm neither brilliant nor exceedingly talented. What I do have, are annoying little plot bunnies (ideas for stories that multiply until you can think of nothing else) bouncing nosily in my brain.

And a new and pretty laptop (although the DVD player is being a poop head).

Now, before you start sending flames (which presupposes anyone is caring) I do not plan on re-writing his books. What I plan on doing is using a germ of an idea (with an ending I didn't like) and expanding on it. It was unimportant to his main story, and so mostly left, and I am a hungry vulture defacing the carcases of his art.

Should be fun.

And stressing, because although I have no illusions that I can write comparable prose, I do want to make it as similar as possible (meaning re-reading the series, the Silmarillion, and anything else I can get my hands on before Nov, as well as re-watching the movies for good measure.) which I'm pretty sure is beyond the scope of my abilities.

The good thing? I am not looking to get this piece published (illegal, copyrights, etc) so if it turns out to be crap, I bury it deep in a folder somewhere am hope the next one's better.

Contingency plan: If I can't expand the idea I have enough, I'll do a short little anthology of related expanded stories to get my word count, but right now I'm planning on thinking up plot.

Anyways, after a good hearty ramble, I have to say... well I forget, but here's the journey of the descent to madness.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Poker Age said...

Fantasy :)

12:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

cash advance
Online cash advance loan programs.